[BaadAssGremlins] Re: amc 'stuff that didn't work' (was: mel gibson's gr

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: amc 'stuff that didn't work' (was: mel gibson's gremlin) long!

Speaking on what you mention below......the city of Houston offers only one parade prmit on certain day, there are two fighting parade groups that 'honor' Martin Luther King. They steal each others bands, sponsors, and supporters year after year, and of course due to the fighting between two groups that are 'supposed' to honor King, few people attend, you can look at the clips on tv and there is more police standing atound watching floats and bands than attendees. So I see your point below. Unfortunately nothing has changed out there in amc world thru the decades, I remember joining AMC Squirrel Clubs, AMO and NAMDRA back in 1980s and was mud tossing, name calling, animosity, trying to steal each others members, vendors and what not. Some of it is about money, sometimes prestige, other times bragging rights I guess.

There is a good side to AMC out there you know, individuals who make a difference and drive their cars, race, show, and sometimes help out another AMCer in need, those are the real people who keep hobby alive and going thankfully.

Side issue is few people gave a crap about the Kenosha Transportation museum, except I guess AMC, Rambler and Nash people, politicians and people who could have made a difference sort of said 'eh ok, we will help' and while it got built, was about as big as 7-11 and didn't get the big money to make large site. Even Kenoshans I still communicate with tell me that Kenosha is nothing more than suburb of Milwaukee or Chicago, the new money in there only care about how close Starbucks is and when next race is at dog track, not concerned with Kenosha history like AMC or Snap On. You can buy some neat little Nash and Rambler things from Kenosha History Center

http://www.kenoshahistorycenter.org/FORMgallery1.htm

However a few years ago it was mentioned they might build a Wisconsin Civil War museum and politicians came out of all the rocks to support it, pork flying everywhere! No shoratge of $$$ there. I don't believe the Kenosha Transportation Museum even got built, I know it was supposed to be located in a old water treatment plant (thanks, I love sewers) but don't think it opened but may be wrong. However you can go look at Islam curtural stuff:

http://www.kenosha.org/museum/

let me travel 1000 miles for that. Speaking of car clubs, there used to be several Corvette car clubs here in 1980s/90s, they didn't like each other and never co hosted meets, or attended each others events, so not unique to AMC......

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com