[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Sold My Gremlin. Building a 401 Amc Eagle..

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Sold My Gremlin. Building a 401 Amc Eagle..

What a friggin project you have going with your Eagle put together but I reply out of respect to that tried and true Gremlin that had to be sacrificed to make way for your new project. Everyone has their limits on how long to keep a "project car" going so I do not blame you for making the difficult choice. Having to part with anyone's Gremlin, though, has got to be one of the true heartaches in life. I've parted with an awful lot of $$$$$ for Gremlins over the last several years and even big $$$$$$$ may not get me to part with mine now. I wish you well with your new project and hope it gives you much satisfaction.  Gary

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dsinks@..." <dsinks@...> wrote:

> I recently came to the conclusion that I really needed to sell my Gremlin.   It turned into a project beyond what my wallet could afford and frankly..... I lost interest in it because I let it sit too long.
>
> A guy in my Local AMC club had always showed a interest in it and now it will reside along with his 2 other gremlins so I am glad it will go to a good home.
>
> So what to do now then? I had a fresh TH400 and a Fresh Mildly built AMC 401.....
>
> I Have really Liked Eagles a lot Ever since My Aunt had one in the early 80's and drove it into the ground......
>
> So I took stock of all the shit/projects I had piled up forever that you know "I'll get to it someday" that kinda shit.. So I did a major sell off and went looking for a Eagle.
>
> After looking at a few Rusty relic wagons and sx4's I I ended up buying a 95% rust free AMC wagon with 100k on the clock and the strongest damn 258 I have ever drove.   I always thought they were slugs :)
>
> After I haggeld the guy down from his outlandish asking price I drove it home then drove it here and over there just for the hell of it.
>
> After I decided to start looking for a Eagle I caught wind of a Guy in Canada that Made engine and front end brackets to put a V8 in a Eagle.   I want to keep the 4X4 in the car but the center ifs frontend is held up by the Engine in the eagles.
>
>  I sweet talked him into digging out his Jigs to weld me Up a new set of brackets and Mounts!!!  They should be here shortly..
>
> I then sold the built th400 and bought a 4x4 727 out of a wagoneer to build and put behind my 401.   I want to go full Manual Valve body I think..  Anyone here doing that??
>
> So......Now I will have a Baaddass Eagle it looks like.
>
> How long you think it will be until the frontend is puked from Launching it in 4x4?  :)
>
> I will post some links to pics here shortly and will update ya'll on the build.
>
> Hopefully this won't be one big jumbled run on sentence.  I am posting from my phone..
>
> Later all!!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: