[BaadAssGremlins] Sold My Gremlin. Building a 401 Amc Eagle..

[BaadAssGremlins] Sold My Gremlin. Building a 401 Amc Eagle..

I recently came to the conclusion that I really needed to sell my Gremlin.   It turned into a project beyond what my wallet could afford and frankly..... I lost interest in it because I let it sit too long.

A guy in my Local AMC club had always showed a interest in it and now it will reside along with his 2 other gremlins so I am glad it will go to a good home.

So what to do now then? I had a fresh TH400 and a Fresh Mildly built AMC 401.....

I Have really Liked Eagles a lot Ever since My Aunt had one in the early 80's and drove it into the ground......

So I took stock of all the shit/projects I had piled up forever that you know "I'll get to it someday" that kinda shit.. So I did a major sell off and went looking for a Eagle.

After looking at a few Rusty relic wagons and sx4's I I ended up buying a 95% rust free AMC wagon with 100k on the clock and the strongest damn 258 I have ever drove.   I always thought they were slugs :)

After I haggeld the guy down from his outlandish asking price I drove it home then drove it here and over there just for the hell of it.

After I decided to start looking for a Eagle I caught wind of a Guy in Canada that Made engine and front end brackets to put a V8 in a Eagle.   I want to keep the 4X4 in the car but the center ifs frontend is held up by the Engine in the eagles.

 I sweet talked him into digging out his Jigs to weld me Up a new set of brackets and Mounts!!!  They should be here shortly..

I then sold the built th400 and bought a 4x4 727 out of a wagoneer to build and put behind my 401.   I want to go full Manual Valve body I think..  Anyone here doing that??

So......Now I will have a Baaddass Eagle it looks like.

How long you think it will be until the frontend is puked from Launching it in 4x4?  :)

I will post some links to pics here shortly and will update ya'll on the build.

Hopefully this won't be one big jumbled run on sentence.  I am posting from my phone..

Later all!!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: