Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 74 Gremmy on Ebay

Ok, I didn't "post" my reply "on" ebay like I said I would due to usual long winded reply to this one request:
-------------------------
Dear eddiestakes,

Hi Eddie I am a friend of Larry Daums and a AMC fan since 1970  and I have
heard of you a lot, I don't believe I have ever met you though. The
question's I have for you is these dash overlay kits you have been selling.
My 1977 Hornet AMX needs a new glove box over lay, You have listed 2 types
a metal and a plastic overlay . What is the functional differance and if I
bought either kit would I have to use all the pieces to get this kit to
match my original or would just the glove box door match my original
pieces? I hope this makes cense, I just want this to match.

-amcmike401
--------------------------
reply:
Hi and tell Larry hi and sure wished he would herry up and write book he mentioned in 99!
As for the overlays,

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc_machined_overlays.htm

the vinyl machined overs are for cars that originally HAD machined overlays like your's
(or woodgrain in some 77s and people want to get rid of woodgrain with this machined look)
however, there are a number of people who simply want to change their car to this machined
metal look. Whether they have the overlay or not, they just want new material, and the
metal is brighter. If you look at the file above it is pain in ass to pull off original
pieces as AMC glued them on there really well. If you work slow you be fine, then can put
new metal in. If you want to simply freshen up your existing setup, then the vinyl
machined kit is self adhesive and easy to install providing you don't drink any Red Bull
or Starbucks first.

The problem with wanting to 'match' your interior is like wanting to change out only one
tail light or headlight door, one would be original, one new, so difference would show, so
most opt to just go thru whole mess one time, sort of like changing clutch, you don't just
change clutch, you change pressure plate and throwout bearing in there whether you need or
not. Hope this helps and good luck with the 77 AMX; I have about 5 sets of side decals,
AMC part number 3802649 NOS left in stock $20 a set, and a few NOS 77 Lustre Guard paint
chip charts also for $5; and 77 AMX press photo for $10.

The three piece metal kit is $90 + $8 shipping, I take paypal, checks and money orders,
have a good Christmas, and if you want anything above, let me know.
*side note to above comment: sometimes the people will say, sure will take all of this and will send them a total, other times they vanish into Area 51 and never heard from again!
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com