Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 74 Gremmy on Ebay

It's what happens when you have a non AMcer selling a AMC, you see this all the time with brokers and mixed make cars for sale places that will put up anything to try to sell a vehicle, including the matching numbers oxymoron. Someone did bother to take a moment of their time to try to educate the fellow, however, in this case, it would have been best if the seller simply answered the comments directly WITHOUT posting them to the auction. I do this many times each week when people ask me about stuff not in auction like production figures or does this interchange with that and so forth, and sometimes even get help for a item I can't ID and someone emails me. It's not often I will put the actual response I give in the actual live auction though, as a majority of times it is illerelevant to actual auction! Hell, sometimes people just saying hi after 30 years.

However if the auction might help someone else......then I click on the button on ebay that shows that it will appear, and you won't be able to edit it afterwards......in the auction. Otherwise best to leave all the side show out of auction as it could torpedo the auction, or no one wants to read about Tiger's hos or soviet bread line, ect.

Here are two examples from just today:
============================
Dear eddiestakes,

Hi Eddie I am a friend of Larry Daums and a AMC fan since 1970  and I have
heard of you a lot, I don't believe I have ever met you though. The
question's I have for you is these dash overlay kits you have been selling.
My 1977 Hornet AMX needs a new glove box over lay, You have listed 2 types
a metal and a plastic overlay . What is the functional differance and if I
bought either kit would I have to use all the pieces to get this kit to
match my original or would just the glove box door match my original
pieces? I hope this makes cense, I just want this to match.

-amcmike401
*that one I will probably post in auction.
==========================
Dear eddiestakes,

hello eddie, how much to post this item to australia ? thanks matt

-matthew9376
*this one is maybe, btu since maybe other Aussies might have some koala change, will proably post it.
==================
a 3rd one:
Dear eddiestakes,

do you have any 69 go pak lenses or complete clusters?, thank you

-mikestude
*no that will get direct reply!

Hope this helps, but it sure would have helped the seller of that Gremlin above not to be so curt with reply, hell, they could have used a mess of information in my PRODUCTION/TECH file to help the potential buyer. I think it would have helped more if they could have pushed the vehicle outside and washed it for some photos before listing however.

Now about that yellow Checker cab in background.....
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com