Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Spare Tire Inflation cannister

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Spare Tire Inflation cannister

You sort of answered yourself with the IED comment. Those cannisters were bombs in the
60s/70s and still are today. There is a Datsun, Nissan cannister that looks identical to
the AMC one, simply put decal around it, you can find decals on ebay. But don't try to
refill it. That is like trying to refill a Space Saver. In 1970 the federal government had
automakers change the valve stem to a dual type, and also slap a 'new' yellow sticker on
it (AMC usually stuck the yellow decal directly and sloppily over the original white
kidney bean decal) but it basically said not to over inflate, or to refill, they were one
time use only. There were people losing their arms, faces and what not trying to put more
air in spacesaver than what is was supposed to have. And if you deflated it, it never went
back into same position.

Speaking of that, while I have a NOS Space Saver spare on ebay right nw, this is a
excellent complete seldom seen setup

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Late-1960-early-1970-AMC-Javelin-Space-Saver-Kit_W0QQitemZ110470670656QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b890a940

Bookie says it will go for about $350-$450, not bad when you consider some Mopar ones are
$750+. Again......just for show, not to really use.

But again, please don't try to refill your cannister unless with good scotch; they are
rather readily available still; I had 4 of them I sold in last 2 years, all had "juice"
still in them, for $50-$100 each but am out now except for my show ones I move from car to
car for display. Good luck,
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx