Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Tomorrow's Colector Cars?

You know this whole subject could be for nothing. It wouldn't surprise me in 50 years the internal combustible engine will be banned and the only place you will see a gasoline powered car will be in a museum.
Terry

From: Tom H <bigrigbear@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, December 12, 2009 6:12:14 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Tomorrow's Colector Cars?

Another take on the future of Collectible cars is that as more and more electronics are needed to operate them (and they are usually pretty model-specific) it will become very hard to restore modern cars.  You could upgrade to more current power plants (Mr Fusion?) to keep em rolling but even other parts are simply not as durable or reproducable as the 70's down cars.
Cant imagine many specialty electronic parts being made in the future but who knows.  Hemmings has run features on the GM ColonAid style cars which I consider rolling vomit so there is no telling what folks will be restoring.