Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC NOS Models

I remember hobby heaven in KC!  I spent many an hour there as a kid and many a paper route dollar too!  My folks sold all of my collection at an estate sale years ago.

From: Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, December 2, 2009 7:38:43 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC NOS Models

Hi Doc and somewhere in the auction for the Testor's I mention what you said below. Testors ended up with most of JoHanss molds, cleaned them up and reissued them in a variety of fashions, that prostreet amx being the original Shahan SS/AMX mold. It was also used for another "run" in the early 1990s.

I have been trying unsuccessfully for YEARS to get some model makers to reissue anything AMC, especially the 70 Javelin, 70 AMX and 71-74 AMX & Javelin series....to no avail. I have even offered up some of my NOS models to them as mules!

There was a place called Hobby Heaven up in Kansas I used to buy cases of NOS models from, that Testor's AMX I bought 14 cases for instance and while now out of the Pro Street Rambler, bought 10 cases of those also. Ah, those were the days!
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@ planethoustonamx .com
www.planethoustonam x.com