[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Volcano Wheels My Way

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Volcano Wheels My Way

Sorry no pic's yet Mike. I liked the end result so much I did it to the horn button you sent me. I had just inatially with my Dremil pemoved the Jeep logo from the center and brush painted it flat black and with model paint touched up the R/W/B AMC  emblem. Having one of the completed Volcanos sittig on my wrk bench and the horn button next to it gave me the idea. I removed the AMC emblem with the Dremil. Using the same method as with the Volcanos except using .040 sheet plastic I made the center and emblem the same way. The reason for the .040 was to make sure the emblem fit under the plexiglas lens that I made to snap in in place of the factory plastic one which never survives.
I used 1/8 plexi glass for the lense. Using my Dremil to taper the edges so it would snap in. Then many hours of hand sanding with sandpaper from 220# to 2000# and polishing it with Mothers Mag Wheel Polish
to make it crystal clear with not a scratch showing. It turned out so nice I popped the Horn button off my orange Hornet which had a Jeep horn button also and did the same thing to it. I use clear GE Silicone clear to glue in the emblems on the horn button as JB Weld does not hold on vinyl. Total cost of everything ZERO!!!!! I ahd all the materials and it was just my time involved.  Now that's the Rambler Mentality.
"Doc"