Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Pep Boys vs O'Riley's

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Pep Boys vs O'Riley's

Face it folks most all of us are stuck whoring for a living.  It sucks but that is the reality.  But we do vote with our feet and our wallets.

I used to work for Echlin and Prestolite back in the 80's through early 90's.  There were a ton of American jobs at dozens of plants all accross the US between the two.  Many of them are gone now.  So are many of the tool makers and mold makers etc.

Remember when Wal-mart used to advertise how hard that they worked to find US sources for merchandise?  I'll bet that less than 10% of tehir merchandise comes from US manufactuers.

Are Wal-Mart, O'Reily's evil?  They are just doing business in their minds.  As a small business owner, I do appreicate my customers and I try to make their experience personal and enjoyable.  But I can't compete with the purchasing power or the marketing and advertising dollars of the mega chains.  But they don't remember your name or have your order on the counter when they see you drive into the parking lot either.

Customer service died a long time ago in this county.

But I still drive my old AMC and smile the whole time.  Southern Minnesotta is beautiful this time of year.  As is South Texas and whole bloody third coast.  So go for a drive stop by the local coffee shop or tavern or whatever and have a cup/mug/plate and when you get back write your Senators and Congressmen and tell them to quit bailing out failed business' and following bankrupt policies.  Because we have to make them work for us or we will find someone that will.

I'll get off of my soap box now and go for that drive.

Jeff

PS And I still sell my coffee for a buck for a large cup.