Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Need a part

Yes, Thanks Doc

From: Mr. AMC <AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, November 2, 2009 6:29:31 AM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Need a part

I know the problem Hal the cheap plastic knob on the end of the cable on the dash has broken. I had that problem on a friends 78 Concord. Also my 74 Hornet probaby had the same problem as the cable was sticking out of the grill when I got the car. My solurion for the Hornet was to get a manual latch realse. The cure for the Concord was to get a universal "T" handle  cable from the local non chain auto parts store. The original Concord cable sheath was intact so I just used the "T" handle and cabel out of the universal slipped into the Concords sheath one inside from the dash cut it to length and used the universal end to anchor it. Finding a good one without a broken handle is I would guess imposible. I did have a good one out of a Spirit I parted out 10 years ago but traded it to a guy on the AMX Files in Canada for the manual latch for my Hornet. I like to keep things simple, less things to go wrong. I don't know if the remote hood latch was standard or an option on  Spirit. Hope this helps.
"Doc"