From: Mr. AMC <AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Making It Mine My Matador
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 4:37 AM

This is my 3'rd steering wheel restoration. All the materials, glue (Crazy Glue Gel, JB Weld), 10,000 inch sheet plastic, SEM paint and Mothers Mag Wheel polish and plexiglas for the horn button center I had in stock on the shelf. So for the horn button and wheel it cost me 60$. My wife says I am a pack rat and I never throw anything out. I had the offer of a mint wheel with all the pieces from a guy on the AMX Files. He wanted 175$ plus shipping. And I would have had to paint it black anyway as it was tan. Th wheel I got was black and in really nice shape and all I had to do was clean it with a little Castrol Super Clean and polish the spokes with Mothers. All the horn parts were there. It's taken me a couple of hours a day since Monday to glue the adapter pieces back together and reinforce it. It will be done today and ready for paint if the weather holds out. The adapters on the other 2 horns were broken and even with some parts missing and I fixed them. Been 10 years on one and 6 on the other Both still look like new.
"Doc"