[BaadAssGremlins] Car a shows

Went to the unofficial end of car shows this weekend. The big two day event in a local part. The weather stunk yesterday and while it was weather better today still the ground was wet and the park people wouldn't let anyone park on the grass. Yesterday wasn't to bad since they predicted rain all day a lot of people didn't show up and they did open up some grass areas. Last night we had one hell of a storm and they ended any grass parking. The weather was pretty today and they had about 1200 cars there with room for about 800. So they took over the spectator parking and parked on the entrance road. Not bad places but no speakers. Getting up at 4:30 in the morning and getting there at 6:30 for a show that doesn't open the gate to 8 got a good parking place yesterday and got me in today. Today I parked at the last speaker and last porti-potties about a mile and half from the food vendors and awards sitting. A long walk for an old man with a heart condition but I make it three times. So I guess I am OK. So much for my complaining. The show was great as usual lots of damn nice car. Lot more AMC's this year. A few older ramblers, a nice four door Matador that was sale for $3500. A dozen or so AMX's and Javelins. Most of them were hot. Of course I was the only Gremlin there. No Hornets, Spirts or Concords. This is the first year though I didn't hear I have one in my garage that I am building. I got the normal my first car, my mother had one and you should have seen the one I had and quite a few thank you for bringing it our. Still love the fact that I have a way less than perfect car and I was parked in between a mint 70 Monte Carlo and a 67 Cheville SS built with a roll bar and I get as many looks as these cars. You know while I love the Javelins and AMX's still at these large shows they seem to blend in with the Cameros and Mustang. One reason I like the Gremlin so much the only it might blend in with is a Pinto and I didn't one of them there either Terry