[BaadAssGremlins] Re: ANY TIPS FOR MSD 8523 READY TO RUN DISTRIBUTOR

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: ANY TIPS FOR MSD 8523 READY TO RUN DISTRIBUTOR

thanks for the tips..

everything went smoothly minus i practically blew 6 screws out of teh top of the carburator.  even with that explosion (lol) the car still fired back up and ran smoothly....  I should have bought the ready to run distributor sooner..  I mean it was cake... and the old engine compartment doesnt have the clutter box anymore..  I still have a revving problem under load.. The last thing i can afford to do is add an electric fuel pump.. I do not have the time to do it right changing to a 3/8 line all the way into the tank.  So i will clean my current fuel line.(no filter in the tank)and add a pre-filter and pump. Also i will look for FOD in my tank.

Thanks

Bob Z

78 Cherokee Chief 401

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "AMCOWNER" <amcowner@...> wrote:

> After talking with MSD - do not use the ballast resistor that comes with the
> coil if using the ready to run MSD distributor.
>

> -Mike
>

> Michael Lakin
>
> Fallon, NV. 89406
>
> (775) 427-2695