[BaadAssGremlins] NSRA

I spent the last two nights doing my usual thing when the street rods are in town. Riding around where the motels are and hearing the hoots and hollers and thumps up from the crowd. Did here a lot of next years give away car. They give a street rod away every year. I thought sure this would make up my mine about entering my Gremlin next year. While I would love to be part of the largest car show in the world. They had 11,000 cars his year. They are saying 14 to 15 thousand next year with the 30 year rule. Still I don't want to be some where that I am not wanted. Still I get the feeling that about about half the shows I go to the car people could car less about my Gremlin it is the general public that love it. Also the cost of the show kinds of gets me. If I wait to the show to register it will cost me a $100 to be in it. The admission to the show isn't bad $35 for a four day event. Catch is you have to be a member of NSRA witch is another $65. While I am a member of AMO I have no real desire to be a member of NSRA. I am not a great lover of streets rod. Would like to see the vendors though. If you got the bucks you can lay your money down and watch your street rod being built from the parts at the show. You can drive your brand new 1932 Ford coupe home by 6 o'clock that night. So much for cars manufactored before 1949. Their rules were always silly to me and the people who are throwing a fit don't make since. They will let this new car in because it looks like a 32 Ford but wouldn't let a Plymouth Prowler in because its registration says 1993. I guess I can see thier point though. I wouldn't want to go to an AMO convention and see a bunch of street rods there. I want to see AMC cars. There again if they invited them and parked in the north 40. Who would care. If you wanted to look at them you could if you didn't you wouldn't have to.
Terry