[BaadAssGremlins] Cars

Okay, group,

My first request for advice:

For my '75 Gremlin 258,  purchased a Jeep 258 2bbl manifold and decent Motorcraft (license by Weber, Italia) 2bbl Carb for it...mounting holes miss by thaat much.  Perhaps 1/16 width and 1/8 in length.  Has anyone ran into a similar issue?
Plan to hog the openings outward by those amounts to accomodate and think I will be alright; any caveats? as I know there is a wealth of info out there.   I can rethink the carb (only $35) or look at adaptors if any of those rice-burner adaptors (which approximate my issue) would save hacking the carburetor.

any words of encouragement or better advice appreciated/Thanks in advance...Ron