Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Anyone have a good 1-bbl carburetor replacement su

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Anyone have a good 1-bbl carburetor replacement suggestion?

sorry jerry no help here in ct. i am having the same problem  one day the gremlin runs great and the next the thing is almost on fire with all the gas that leaks out of the bottom of the carb and all over the exhaust keeps the bugs away though with all the smoke and smell ... henry in ct drowning from the almost 3 weeks of rain eddie must have sent this up from texas lol

--- On Wed, 7/1/09, Jerry Casper <gremlingts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Jerry Casper <gremlingts@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Anyone have a good 1-bbl carburetor replacement suggestion?
To: "BadAssGremlins" <baadassgremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 10:41 PM

 Been working on my '76 Hornet Sportabout, the dang YF Carter is a real POJ, leaking gas inside, runs perfect one time, won't start the next. I'm SICK of AMC Carter carbs! Argh! Anyone got any good leads on a single bbl replacement that won't break the bank? I am NOT looking to convert to 2-bbl intake, I want a bolt-on-and- drive solution for right now. I'm considering the 2-bbl conversion with plate someone  in Colorado sells, I've heard good things about this Motorcraft 2100 conversion carb. I'd rather not, and can't afford, the $300+ it's gonna take , so I'm looking for an interim solution to tide me over until I get more funds, just spent over $1,000 on my pet cat for dental surgery, shots, etc.last month. Man, they're expensive sometimes! Oh well. Anyway, just whining for some help, if anyone can offer any , drop me a line.
Jerry in Virginia
Depleted (bank account ) and stumbling ( Hornet motor )