Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 9:26 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re:New Tires

I agree with you to a point Doc. . I put decent tires on my daily driver but I put 20+ thousand miles a year on it. I just couldn't see spending a bunch of money on tires on a car that I put about a thousand miles a year on. The dealers are saying you should change them every 5 to 6 years. They said that is the life of the rubber. They were saying for the normal person they don't have to worry about it because most people will wear tires out in that amount of time anyway. I did find out something I didn't know. I always thought the warranties on tires were good until the tread wore down to 2/32 of an inch. I found out the warranties on most tires are only good for three to four years.
Terry