Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Alternator on the 78 Gremlin

Also good advice eddie , but this can be done without removeing anything from the car. They will test it in the parking lot. They will let you know if it's battery or alternator.  Not sure of the possibility of the regulator being bad .

--- On Sun, 6/7/09, Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Alternator on the 78 Gremlin
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, June 7, 2009, 10:06 AM

All good advise, but best bet might be to simply remove the alt, take to O'Reillys or Auto Zone as they all have in house testers there, they lock the alt on the machine, and can give diagnostics right there on spot to determine what type amps it is putting out. And of course if you need new one, probably have them in stock and there is old no good core already so don't have to pay $15-$65 core charge.