Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 1:1 72 Matador Windshield Rust & Leak Repair

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 1:1 72 Matador Windshield Rust & Leak Repair

Doc, not sure about humidity up there, but down here I have fiberglassed several roofs, then POR-15'ed them (there are other rust preventives, I just like this stuff) then have the vinyl top installed. Granted I don't like vinyl tops as they are big sponges here with humidity yearround 60% or higher, like yesterday 76%, so sort of have to take shower to dry off. But several I have done this way the rust don't come back, no bubbles under vinyl either after 10 years, might be a option.

As for shipping sheetmetal, I just quoted a guy in Laredo on this hood:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330318653584

and made this comment:

"Hi Luis, I too the dimensions and weight, 62x54x7 with weight of appx 80lbs,
to FedEx last night and it was too large for them but said they could do it
FedEx Freight. So using my wife's FedEx 'Freight' account it was quoted
$124.00...not bad consider when gas prices high last summer same item
shipped was in the $350 range. Anyways, I would wrap it, drop it off (might
have FedEx come pick it up here) and would take about 5-7 days to get to
you."

Worth nothing simply because gas prices down and so are shipping rates for large items such as this big old hood.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com