[BaadAssGremlins] Alternator on the 78

I was wondering what do you do if the A/C compressor bearings go out about the alternator. My A/C hasn't work in years on the Gremlin and have never thought about fixing it since all I do is drive to car shows. On my 78 the alternator runs off the A/C compressor if the bearings go out of the compressor you would be out of luck with the alternator.  I sure wouldn't want to spend the money on a new compressor. Do that make a dual pulley for the alternator?
Terry