[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hor/Gre/Con mirrors//Rambler Mentality & Sucking I

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hor/Gre/Con mirrors//Rambler Mentality & Sucking It Up

Hey Doc, when ya'll get spring up there you can usually find a ooogah horn or two at mixed make swap meets; the metal kind. I have one in garage here that has surface rust, it is from the 1960s, but plan on putting it on my 68 Rebel as a 'main' horn. Also have a original police siren from a LAPD Matador I parted out in 1980s, damned thing is loud with a 'rrrrrRRRRRRRRRR' and has a wheel that spins in middle of it when making noise. I might put that on Rebel off to side in engine bay although not supposed to have sirens on cars here in Texas, but people do.

Ya'll know this company in Canada has reproduced the retangular head mirrors for 70-74 AMX & Javelin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970-74-AMC-AMX-Javelin-Rearview-RH-Mirror_W0QQitemZ370174426350QQihZ024QQcategoryZ140707QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

 I believe the "neck" is different for 70-79 Grem/Horn/Conc Series however but mirror head is same. Possibly since they already have the cast to do the head someone here could send them a neck to make mold out of and then new driver side and passenger side mirrors available for Gremlin, Hornet & Concord too.

http://stores.ebay.com/pg-classic

On Rambler Mentality: sure see a lot of that now with economy the way it is.....Auto Zone and O'Reillys are reporting lots of profits due to people fixing up their cars as opposed to buying new stuff, not that they could get a loan anyhows. Expect to see bigger crowds at car show events and shows this year with gas prices down and people just looking for a escape from economy/aig/octomom crap.

Back to the mirrors.....if any of you need GLASS for your various AMC mirror I have a glass supplier who has glass....brand new......on my VENDORS list:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/AMC_Vendors/amc_vendors.htm

and this is them in case you wish to check them out:

http://www.auto-glass.com/carmirror/amc/index.htm

It will be 78 degrees here again today, we had 4 days of rain last week, so everything is blooming as we fix to go into our 7 months of summer.

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com