[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fw: Press release- Selling The Steve Green AMC Col

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fw: Press release- Selling The Steve Green AMC Collection at Auction in Charlotte, NC

HOW do you view photos of the cars?? thanks,Joe   --- In
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@...> wrote:

> PS: I am sure you have heard of this but it came in anyhows, looks
like they
> used my VENDORS list to email folks, not bad idea. Steven Green was
a buddy
> of mine, still is although he probably would not recognize me. Hell,
would
> probably not know anyone, as he came out of bar drunk in NY, Yonkers
area
> where his warehouse was, and got hit by cab and I understand sort of
> vegatable now. He called me in the 1990s as there was several cars
he was
> interested in, one was the last Matador coupe built, and the ONLY
> white/white Matador coupe/Barcelona built and this last Matador was Dick
> Teague's, given to him by employees of AMC! The other was a 74 AMX
Maxi Blue
> with only 1000 miles on it. Both were in a cave below Kansas City
and had
> come up for sale, there are lots of caves below that area where
people store
> stuff, even Hollywood films and government records as it is same
> temp/humidity year round. The Teague car had 6600 miles on it and
what was
> astonishing was the photos that went with it.....from frame being
dipped,
> painted, dash installed, to marshalling yard, to Teague sitting in it
> getting the keys in Milwaukee. Absolutely breathtaking and I told
Steve I
> wanted some of those photos, and would pay handsomely for copies. I went
> over the car several times over period of days in St. Louis after I
> convinced Steve to buy it.....and the AMX, he paid something like
$19K for
> the AMX, don't remember what for the Matty, but he brought the Matty
to St.
> Louis AMO national meet in 99. Then I went over the AMX in Berlin,
CT at the
> nationals in 2000. In 2002 he bought my 77 Matasdor Barcelona coupe
that had
> 41K miles, I bought it from old lady here named 'Miss Rust, as she
could no
> longer drive it, and it was #12 in a whopping string of original
owner cars
> I bought in a ROW. I detailed it and then took first place in class at
> Astrodome ISCA show with it. Fun car, I joked I could use the lush front
> seats in house as couch, those Barcelona seats you will find are
better than
> what anything on market now, just big fluffy things. He bought my
Barcelona
> for $3400 and along the way, he had a transport pick up several
other AMC
> across the country he had just bought, quite a avid collector, and a
class
> act if you ever met him his enthusiasm was unrivaled by many, just a
good
> hardcore AMC fan who wanted to preserve cars, whether they were high
dollar
> AMXs or no market Matadors. photo 0972 is the 1000 miles Kansas City
Cave
> AMX (my moniker from mid 1990s) and photo 1007 shows the Teague last
> Matador, built, last Barcelona built, only white/white one made,
given to
> Teague in 1978.
> Eddie Stakes
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@...
> www.planethoustonamx.com

Speedway
> > in Charlotte, NC on April 3&4.
> >
> > Steve Green was a huge AMC fan and he collected them at his every
> > opportunity.  His health forced the recent sale of his collection.  We
> > are proud to have been selected to move his collection to new
owners and
> > collectors.
> >
> > There are many very interesting cars in this collection and I'll only
> > name a few:
> >
> > The LAST Matador produced, and was originally owned by Dick
Teague, AMC
> > and Packard designer. 6,000 actual miles, About 15 more Matadors
> > 78 Matador Barcelona, 5K miles, formerly of the Lew Brown Collection
> > 74 Javelin AMX, Maxi-Blue, formerly of the Dick Rodekopf collection,
> > only 1,700 miles
> > 3-Amx's, 2-4-Speeds, one automatic
> > 5- Pacers, one with only 1,000 miles
> > 74 Matador Oleg Cassini with the rare 401 V-8 and only 20K miles
> > 2 - Gremlin X's with low miles
> > Several Station Wagons
> > 70 Rebel "THE MACHINE"
> > 79 Spirit with a rare 4-Speed and only 10K miles
> > Much more
> >
> > Auction information, photos and descriptions of most of these cars may
> > be found on our website at www.tommackauctions.com or call our office
> > toll-free at 1-888-TOM-MACK. Phone bidding arranged.
> >
> > Thanks, and we hope you can be in Charlotte in April!
> >
> > Tom Mack

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: