Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Hot Wheels comes out with an AMC this year

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Hot Wheels comes out with an AMC this year

These are already all over the place. My only beef? On back these idiots at
Mattel never get it right.
Born: 1971 (actually it was born in early 1970 according to the late Chuck
Mashigan, who gave a stunning and fixiating photo/slide show at the aMO
nationals in Kenosha at the Italian American club where 300+ people sat in
stunned silence as this legend spoke)
Birthplace: Auburn Hills, Michigan. Aarrgh! Someone please buy the people at
Mattel a $2.95 Wal Mart map.
Designer: Chrysler LLC. You read that right, more revisionist history since
someone too lazy to figure out AMC was independent car company. If Mopar
goes belly up (seeing their sales were down a whopping 55% in January 2009)
will one day Hot Wheels make little Mopars that say on back "Designer:
Nissan or Renault" or whoever buys up their mess of company? I simply can't
believe that someone at Mattel didn't do homework on this. AGAIN.
Speciality: "With a big rear spoiler, fender bulges and optional denim
interior, the muscle car was made for straight line performance." This is
what happens when someone uses Wikipedia or Allpar for their 'research'.
Denim interior, yikes. Courderoy in 1971, yes though.

It is a good overall design, however, the"T" stripe on front never saw
production in this form. Not sure what rims those are but not AMC but look
good anyhows. The roofline is incorrect as 71-72 had indented t-top
rooflines.

Good points? Eh, throw the AMC dogs a bone and they usually bite, I have
already been finding these things at Wal Marts for 99 cents or less. The 401
emblem I was impressed with, lucky for us Mattel didn't put 402 on there.
Chrome front spoiler. Hmmm.....I have a 71-74 fiberglass front spoiler
currently on ebay, but a chrome end to end like earlier 68-70 stainless ones
is intriguing......The back lights are also solid chrome end to end so no
lenses, but good detail, you can paint them in if you have not had any cans
of Red Bull. I like the dash, and interesting to see that they didn't use
the earlier 68-70 dashes found in earlier Hot Wheels offerings, would have
been easy to do. I have already sanded off with small file the 'Chrysler
LLC' on the bottom of the opened one I have.

Overall a nice little car if you can forgive them for rewriting history or
not doing homework on who actually made this and those that had zero
influence on the "AMC" 71 AMX......
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx