Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re:Stolen AMX

Not high hopes for it coming back and if so, chanses are the kids(?) who took it probably joyrided it to death and will have to be complete goen thru...again, klike suspension, engine, trans, brakes and what not from whatever they did with it thinking it was a 4x4 or took it out like stolen Hertz Rent a AMX and raced it repeatedly where kids hang out on Saturday night. Who knows, someone might have taken it to cannibalize it although unlikely.

As for right mind, Doc, I leave my iron on street here in Houston Texas aand have for years,

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMX/replmycars.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/72_ambgroup.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/replamcphoto.jpg

Some of those shown above had won first at ISCA Astrodome Autorama and others had won their classes in AMC Regionals and mixed make meets.

Here is a photo fo the apartments I lived at of my cars on street:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_My/notaparade.jpg

no driveway, but public street. Never a problem although Paige's 74 Hornet Sportabout wagon was stolen by crackheads one night, and recovered next day we had to pay police storage, tow fees, replace steeting column, fix wobbly front end, and door glass. Never understood them breaking the door glass, they could have opened the damned door with handle, none locked. This was a REAL TOUGH Houston neighborhood many called 'gang gardens' which the predominiant groups were SouthWest Cholos and murderous MS-13 (ya'll look them up). Never a problem with my cars.

However you did learn to put your cars away someplace New Years Eve due to the sheer firepower arsenal of weaponry people had in that area, quite a story in itself, and those bullets had to fall somewhere, so best put cars away.

Larry's car was in his driveway, not street, and I guess shows that crooks steal anything, from wife's Hornet Sportabout to Larry's AMX if given a chance.  A insurance agent once told me that 'there is not a car out there that can't be stolen' when we were discussing kill switches, alarms, and lojacks.

I told him I was asking because I had just started a new repo job with Interstate Adjusters. And had already reproed 10 cars, some in less than 12 seconds, something not proud of but money was good, $1K or more a day, depending on how good you are making money off deadbeats I guess. Another story another day.

But Doc, you're right, I know I'm not in right mind (sort of like the horse they try to sell you in the retro Carmax commercial: "I could not sell that horse to you as it ain't right on the inside" and shows the goofy drunk guy taking head off and mumbling) but not sure what all the circumstances were surrounding Larry's theft, could have come back from show or cruise night perhaps.

It still sounds more like crime of opportunity not a actual target to me however and hope he gets it back in any condition!
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com