----- Original Message -----

From: Thomas, Jeff       jeff.thomas@xxxxxxxx

Eddie,

Happy New Year. I am back working on the Hornet again. After a lot of pain and suffering I found out why our brakes are working so poorly on our 73 Hornet Hatchback. Somebody switched the disc power brake booster out for a drum power booster. The Master Cylinder is bogus as well. It has been notched in the mounting ears to fit onto the drum booster. That?s why the replacement MC I bought wouldn?t fit the booster properly. Totally different dimensions on the drum and disc MC mounting ears.

I am trying to put things back correctly on the Hornet as it will be the first car my son has ever used for a driver. He is 15 and turns 16 next Dec. Do you have a good used 72 or 73 Hornet power brake booster you can sell for a car with Kelsey Hayes disc brakes ? The parts book shows 72 and 73 and early 74 using the same power unit (p/n 8121347). I think the drum booster is a bad item to use.

Lastly, can you comment on the correct style mounting brackets for the disc PBB ? Is it a scissor type bracket or a square style bracket ? I don?t know because I think the brackets were monkeyed around with too.

Thanks Eddie. Of course NOS will always be fine with me but good used from a known 72 or 73 Hornet would be great !!!

Jeff Thomas in FL