From: Mr. AMC <AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re:Fw: amc head rebuilder
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 12:29 AM

Why is there such a mystique when it comes to AMC engine work? Any competent machine shop and the key word is COMPETENT can can port match the head and intake ports and give the ports a little polishing. Any 12'th grade auto shop student should be able to do a valve job too. Unless we are raising a generation of parts changers. Who remembers when the machinist came to your shop with portable tools to grind and lap the valves in the flathead engine still in the car? God I am old!!!!
"Doc"