[BaadAssGremlins] Re: My Old Lady "K" Car Story

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: My Old Lady "K" Car Story

The Government has a standing lease with the 'Big 3' (soon to be 2 I
suppose)American auto manufacturers and our fleet of 75 vehicles
changes every 3 years. Chevys right now, was Fords, before that was
Dodge, etc.....But, there was always one car that never got rotated.
Yep, it's a K-car wagon. The black and white G issued tag on it is
from 1983. If a leased car doesn't reach at least 60,000 miles, it
won't be turned in for replacement. That stationwagon was on site up
until last year. Oh, it hasn't been driven since 1983, but it also
never made the mile marker qualified for turn-in. I always wanted to
adopt the pitiful thing and use it as a fishing wagon or something. I
guess they finally decided to scrap it last year because the space it
occupied for the past quarter century is now blank. It was fun to me
to keep track of its presence. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on some
other antique Government property now. ~Lu~

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes"
<eddiestakes@...> wrote:

> You know Doc brings up a interesting point. Back then automakers I
guess figured they could shove anything out onto the public and it
would sell. You can paint a turd any color, and have all sorts of
excellent marketing and 'sell' points but it is still a turd.
Iocrappa used to say 'if you can find a better car, then buy it' then
Chrysler went out and bought AMC. I hate to see Chrysler take a
beating like it is as hate to see Americans losing jobs (gee, like
Kenosha in 1989 when Chrysler promised state of Wisconsin that they
would keep the plants open for 6 years, then after 6 months, decided
to close them, putting thousands out of work in a economically
depressed area) so hate to see hard working folks get laid off as
many of those jobs will never be there again. Back to the Krap-cars
however, keep in mind that AMC was also pushing Frogcars like
Alliance (which won Car of Year award from Motor Trend in 1983) I
don't think anyone at MT drove one, or had to have it towed to
service or could not get it unstuck shifter out of third after less
than 1000 miles. The bulletins, revisions were many and at one time I
had all the bulletins from 1981 thru 1984 and was about size of a
1974 AMC shop manual, which is about size of Ivanhoe or War & Peace
book.
> Eddie Stakes
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@...