Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Just curious follow up

This is the other Gary 'Themix2' in Cleveland, I still have the original 'Mix' and now two more '74 Gremmies to keep it company. Actually the yellow one (check out 'The Mixx' photo folder) belongs to my wife, but as long as I'm the only one repairing and driving it, I'll count it as mine. She still has the little red Pacer. BTW the original 'Mix' now has 17,695 miles on it. Been drivin' abit this year! I ran out of gas last month right in front of a gas station (haven't done that since I was a teenager. HAHAHA) and that was 40 years ago. Need to get that guage cluster working again. LOL

-----Original Message-----
From: gremlin_corvette_guy <gremlin_corvette_guy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:34 pm
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Just curious follow up

Hey guys I am glad my curious question brought such a lively
response from many of you, including as always Eddie's "words of
wisdom."
I own 4 1973 Gremlin "X"s. Three are shown in my picture folder on
this site and the 4th is my original first ever new car I bought,
now parts car but I love it just the same. Comparatively speaking
every year I take my cars to the Woodward Dream Cruise in suburban
Detroit and it always has been estimated that roughly 40,000 classic
cars show up during the week of the cruise and now in it's 15th year
(I believe). I have seen only ONE other Gremlin the entire years I
have gone. So 4/40,000 seems like a very small percentage for me to
claim, but I will tell you all that every time I cruise in any of my
three cars people always give me lots of cheers and thumbs up as the
Gremlin is so recognizable, no matter if people love em or hate em.
I real proud to own a collection of cars that most people like to
look at and just remember "back in the day."
Take good care of your Gremlins my friends.

Gary

P.S. Eddie, why don't you convince Hemmings classics to get us all
to email them our car pics to do a hatchback revival story about a
true American original.