[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin vs. Spirit at the drag strip

[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin vs. Spirit at the drag strip

Last Friday was the night that I took both my AMCs to the drag strip
to see what they could do at test-n-tune. It was really the wrong
night to go because they were having a huge ORCA (outlaw
racing...something like that) race event that weekend. There were pro-
mods and outlaws from all over the country there to run for the big
purses. I had to wait and wait but finally got to run 2 times before
giving up and leaving. Every time they let the damn motorcycles run,
there was 'oil down' or some other sort of problem which took forever
to clean up. I plan to go back next week when the crowds are gone and
I will have the chance to run several times. I also see that some
slicks are in order and a little more tuning needed on the Gremlin.
The Spirit has fuel pick up problems - died on the line (although John
beat my time on the tree). As it was, the Gremlin ran a 14.5 (96 mph)
in the quarter. That can be improved and my goal is to run 100 mph;
maybe more. Check out the photos in my folder! It was fun talking to
the people about my car - the ONLY one there of course. The guy giving
out time slips asked me what kind of car it was. I had to spell it for
him. ~Lu~

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: