[BaadAssGremlins] Dad's Last Ride

My father passed away on Wednesday, September 3, 2008. He was a WWII
buff so it was fitting that his passing occured on the day that Germany
invaded Poland which marked the beginning of that war. A couple of
weeks ago, I drove the Gremlin to his home in Greenville, AL, about 40
miles away. He brought his oxygen bottle with him and sat in the front
seat as I drove through the country roads around this small town. We
went to a few of his favorite stops and I peeled out once just for fun.
When we arrived back at his house, he said, "That's real talent". Those
few words from him meant more to me than anything else in the world.
Just to hear that expressed was worth all the frustration, bloody
knuckles, and failures that I endured while completing this project. I
know a few of us in this group have posted of their fathers passing and
someone wrote 'enjoy every moment that you have with them while they
are still here'. That is so true and believe me, I did. Dad and I were
able to enjoy a very special point in time that is marked with an AMC
Gremlin. ~Lu~

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: