[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hey all! KC AMC chapter

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hey all! KC AMC chapter

I got an email from a guy months ago and never heard anything since.
I just got to thinking about it again the other day since it's so
close to the end of summer.  I would love it if there was some sort
of get together for local AMC'rs...  Todd, if you can let me know of
anything going on in our area it would be great.  I'm going to see if
I still have that email.  The Grem did a great job taking me to Tulsa
and back.  That's about a 500 mile trip.  Cruised just fine.  I'm
hoping to get things going on it in fall but money is tight right
now.  I definitely don't want to drive him around in the snow and ice
this winter without getting it protected.  Unfortunately it's the
only car I have right now so I have to drive it all the time.  I was
looking in Craigs list and in Texas this guy had a 75 Grem listed for
$1500 but he fried something when he put the battery in backwards.. I
couldn't help but laugh.  I thought....Hmm with all the things listed
wrong and it didn't look in that good of shape he'd be lucky to get
$500 probably.  I don't know.  I'm not the expert in the worth of
Grems in certain shape.  There was a really cool Grem in Phoenix
listed for $3900.  That bright lime green color.  It looked nice.  Ok
I've babbled on enough...   Happy Labor Day weekend!

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Todd Tomason <jayscore@...>
wrote:

> The KC AMC Club is alive and well.  I think we have 10 or 15
members that are
> really active, and many more on paper.  Nothing real formal.
There's usually
> a picnic or some kind of get-together once a year.  And we group
our cars
> together at a couple of local shows.
>
> I also sent a note to the president asking her to get in touch
directly with
> Suezy.
>
> Todd
>
> On Saturday 23 August 2008 12:14, Eddie Stakes wrote:
> > Hi Sue, you mention the KC AMC chapter. This is one of those
ghost chapters
> > on the internet (just like any of Mitchell's former AMC Squirrel
Clubs
> > chapters her used to list as still in existence or one person
chapters) but
> > the old link is still alive on internet:
> >
> > http://home.everestkc.net/greyhnds/kcamc.html
> >
> > for the KC chapter. Looks like they have not done anything since
2001 on
> > the site. The internet is scattered with abandoned and empty
files and
> > pages however, so not sure what ever happened to KC, they did at
one time
> > have a good sized chapter up there. Eddie Stakes
> > 713.464.8825
> > eddiestakes@...
> > www.planethoustonamx.com
> > email volume HEAVY reply
> > currently 8-19 days, just call!

Time,
> > n2sweetrock@... writes: Been a while since I've been in here.
Getting
> > ready to take the Grem on it's first cruise out of town down to
Tulsa
> > Oklahoma. Haven't done much to it yet this summer. Been driving
him every
> > day and boy do I get the looks. Even had a few people do U turns
and ask if
> > I want to sell it. It's definitely a conversation piece when I go
to the
> > clubs and other places. How is every one doing?
> >
> >     Still never heard anything about any KC AMC club meetings or
shows or
> >     anything....
> >
> >     Suezy
> >   Hey Suezy,long time no hear.Glad the Gremlins still turning
heads.I
> > backed mine outta my garage just a lil while ago to unload my
tool box's
> > from my old house into my new one and it being primered and minus
the
> > windows and glass and the tailites and grill ec. i had people
slowing down
> > to get a close look as it has the Big N lil wheel set up and you
can't
> > ignore the 6 point roll bar in it :-P.But Gremlins period
regardless of
> > their condition are worth slowing down  and doing a double take :-
) Bart
> >   74 Gremlin X
> >   360/904

---------
> >--- It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your
travel deal
> > here.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional