[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Door Hinges...completed

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Door Hinges...completed

Yeah, spacers.  I took the advice and bought new pins, drilled the
hinges out and now have really tight door hinges.  My paint work was
on hold pending installation of the hinges but now can move forward!
The doors, pin strips and lower door trim will all line up now!
Biggest drama there was making sure the two required drill bits were
the right size!  Jeesh!  Glad that's over!

-Bill
Dallas, TX
'72 Gremlin (Stipped and at the paint shop)
'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon
'71 Mark III
'70 Cadillac Convertible

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jgray_55" <jgray_55@...>
wrote:

> Spacers...do you measn the bushings? Go to the parts store. On the
> HELP rack pick up GM door pin kits. Drill out the hinge holes to the
> GM bushing size. Install them and pins...you're done!! Joe--- In
> BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BLDFW <bldfw@> wrote:
> >
> > Hey gang....
> >
> > I've read back through the various posts on the
> > subject of rebuilding door hinges.  I need to do that
> > for my Gremlin which is sitting in the paint shop
> > pending the outcome.  I had replaced the drivers door
> > hinges with a set from the passenger side of a four
> > door hornet (less door weight) thinking that would
> > resolve the problem and it looked like it
> > did.....but....
> >
> > The paint shop called to advise they were still
> > problematic.  While somewhat tight, there's enough pin
> > play to cause continued door alignment issues.  They
> > suggested, given what I'm paying them to do, that I
> > might want to get them done right before they get
> > sealed in with paint.
> >
> > Doc mentioned using GM pins for the best results so
> > I'm going to check that out.
> >
> > Question....is the only way to get the pins out to
> > have them pressed out or will they come out with some
> > WD40 and a hammer?  And how do you get the spacers
> > back in again?  Slip them in and tap them down?   I
> > don't have the kits yet to answer that question.  For
> > you guys that have worked on them before, what's the
> > best way to do this?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > Bill
> > Dallas, TX
> > '72 Gremlin (Stipped and at the paint shop)
> > '72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon
> > '71 Mark III
> > '70 Cadillac Convertible

<*> Your email settings: