Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Trip to Carlisle, PA swap meet - good day, Gremlin

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Trip to Carlisle, PA swap meet - good day, Gremlin gas cap score, Met grille...

Jerry,
 Sounds like it was a good time. I hope to get out there some year.
 Hope you faired well with the Nato's in VA.
 Davis

Jerry <gremlingts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, it was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
day, my feet hurt and my ankles felt sprained on the way home ( I used
cruise control as much as possible ), but it was a grand day
nontheless. I took lots of pictures, bought mostly paper / literature
items, but a few car items as well popped up and took my money.
I started the day in the buildings (actually, in the car corral
first, took a few pictures for a few minutes before heading inside),
and found some Gremlin lit I had to have, especially the Fun in the
Sun dealership package, with factory promo photo. Found some Michigan
Int'l raceway lit with '71 Trans Am season, loads of Javelin pics
inside, I bought 2 for $10 each, one to keep, one to put on Ebay.
Moved from building to building for over an hour before hitting the
fields of promise. Started in the main field and hit the spot for an
AMC guy, got a Pacer emblem for my friend, then found a nice unused
Gremlin gas cap for $15 past his booth, then headed back to the far
back corner, since I usually don't go there too often. Found some HO
trains, bought a box for $5 of needs-work type stuff, German actually,
Fleischmann? Anyway, walked until I was ready to head back to the car
with my hands-load of stuff, found a '57 Plymouth shop manual for my
buddy in PA along the way, then headed out the gate to dump the stuff
in the Jeep. I dumped myself in the driver's seat, and took a nap for
about an hour until about 12:30. Man, it's grueling walking Carlisle
when you're out of shape all year long! LOL. I bought a bottle of
water at the gate, then headed in for more pictures and searching.
Loads of Mopar stuff there, too!
I walked most of the afternoon without buying anything,then hit the
Car Corral again for more pictures - everything from a 58? American to
a street legal Legends car to a rare Packard 4-door wagon, '56?. After
the photo ops, I walked the main infield again in rows I usually don't
get to, and picked up some more stuff, a REALLY hard-to-find '41 Olds
shop manual for my buddy, and a Metropolitan grill for $20. Plenty of
old magazines, I love those Special Interest Auto mags, they have
plenty of material on oddball and minor make cars. I got about 10 of
those there, with various AMC / Olds / misc. content I was interested in.
People were packing up by 4 pm, the weather was gonna get rough,
they were talking high winds that evening with storms, so I was headed
out the gate around 4:30 pm. Talk about a long walk back to the Jeep!
Whew, I was beat! I kinda traveled light this trip, no cart or
handtruck, just hand-carried everything. Not too bad, until you load
up on heavy paperwork. LOL.
Anyway, I crawled into the Jeep, and headed south. Bought a bottle
of water ( ahhh! ) from a road-side girl on the way to the main road,
hydrogen and oxygen never tasted so good! I got some sun on my neck,
and my feet and ankles hurt. Oy! Made it home without rain, although
Woodbridge had gotten some just before I got there, road was wet and
steamy.
Bottom line, good trip, great day, spent some cash ( some for my
buddy ), and life is good. :) I'll be regretting it Sunday some, but
I'll get over it.
As a sideline note, when I bought the Metro grille, the guy asked me
if I knew a certain Brian Moyer? The guy who owns the Grembin car. I
said Yes, I knew of him, don't think I've ever actually met him,
though. Anyway, this guy works with or for him, I forget. Small world!
The Met grille was hanging up on a tent, mostly Ford stuff, but I saw
the M emblem, and stopped short. For $20, it was mine. Not bad shape,
either. Not show quality, but not rusty. Will be making a good wall
hanger out of it for now. :) Well, good Gremlin day anyway, plus the
bonus of helping out my Pacer PA buddy who couldn't make it himself
due to medical reasons, makes me feel better for him knowing he's been
looking for these manuals for awhile, and I found'em both for him,
fairly reasonable, too. Can't argue with success like that! So , all
for now,

Jerry Casper