[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Terry's Gremlin

Don't use windex!! Use dish soap like Joy. Mix about 2 tablespoons of
soap to a gallon of DISTILLED water. Clean the surface gently with a
lint free cloth lightly sprayed with rubbing alcohol and wipe dry and
then gently blown off with air..Generously spray the soap water mix
on to the paint surface and the sticky side of decal. Place decal
into position and spray soap water on to decal to help lubricate the
squeegee process. Keep spraying the soap water on the decal as needed
while you squeegee/work out air bubbles.Once in place and squeegeed
out, it should be firmly attached, but will take a couple days
to "dry/adhere" to the surface. It is easy to do,, just don't let it
scare ya..  It does help with another person standing there to look
to make sure everything is straight from 10 feet back then telling
you to go ahead and squeegee into place ,, but that person better
have a good eye, LOL. Hope this helps,,, Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@...> wrote:

> Ya, I had a friend tell me to use windex. I put on the 2 rear
quarter fake vent stickers. they took 3 sayd to stick after I
squeeged out the water and bubbles. I figure that could be because I
didn't clean the surface with alcohol first. I have a new bottle now
but my end up drinking it before I put the stripes on
> Davis
> Olly <mrmopar00@...> wrote:
>
> Davis,
>
>   You may be waiting for a while.  Use lots of soapy water once
into place squeege the water and bubbles and let it dry.

>   Olly

put on my black gremlin. The local sign guy said he woudl do it but
he doesn't seem to have any time. It looks like I may have to try to
do it myself. It has been years since I did a set and I hate to be
the one to mess up 160.00 worth of stickers!
>    I gotta get em on though show season is here and a local
magazine wants to do a feature article and they need pics.
>    Davis
>
> twa1950@yahoo. com wrote:
>
> Got the Gremlin out today. This winter went like the rest had all
these plans didn't get any of them done. So I gave it a bath put a
coat of wax on it. Hood really looks bad I might have to break down
and put a Mapco paint job on it. Oh well it started and I drove it
about 30 miles. I am ready for the new car show season.
>   Terry
>

> ---------------------------------
>   Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!
Mobile. Try it now.

>   Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!
Mobile. Try it now.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: