----- Original Message -----
From: arthur herrmann II

This was my first amx , first hot rod ever, around 1989.  It ran then for a few years but took atleast 10 years to restore its a  1968 amx with every thing new or rebuilt in 2008 except for rear end.  It took $20,000 this last year  easy without adding all the receipts but I loved the car so was worth it. Ths car was a survivor of drag racing by Jim arnes, then a road course car, then wrecked on track, then junkyard, then amc junk yard were it was 100% stripped. Given to employee of yard. Rear  of car welded on from  other car and patched together with no body lines matching. Found 6 different patch welds in car not to mention hood fenders and doors wer not original.  I went through 17 fender extension until I found two that matched fenders. Thats why its a 68 with a 1970 360 and a 1972 727 tranny.   It mysteriously bent valve over when they were attempting to adjust a new carberator. I rebuit heads on my 1970 once but motor was great.  Im worried about this noise of lifters when I start this car more than dog of the line problem.  They blame it on a cam oiling tube that has to pump up.