[BaadAssGremlins] eagle rear end HELP/ADVISE wanted

[BaadAssGremlins] eagle rear end HELP/ADVISE wanted

My rear end went out on my 1981 Eagle. It is a 151-4cyl, 4speed. The
mechanic told me it would be better to simply replace who end to end, as
opposed to trying to locate all seals, gears, as it is really torn up
inside, ring and pinion are shot, not sure about axles. There is a thread on
the eagle's Nest AMC site about my car, of which is sitting patiently at the
shop a block over.

I'm having trouble ID'ing what gear is in there. The book sez it should have
a 3:54:1 or at least that is what the 151/4sped came with. The book also
shows that the gear size is stamped on the right hand boss. I crawled under
there this morning again, cleaned it off really well, and to the left of the
pumpkin there is a "A" with a circle around it. Farther over there is a 2 by
itself. This is what I have in the book however, and no A or 2.

CODE STAMPED ON RIGHT SIDE AXLE TUBE BOSS
Regular gear:
EE=3:54:1
F=3:08:1
G=3:31:1
H=2:73:1
J=2:37:1
K=2:53:

For Twin Grip however:
FF=3:54:1
T=3:08:1
S=3:31:1
U=2:73:1
2:37:1=not available
V=2:53:1

So you can see how stumped. I don't know if I am looking in right place or
need to crawl under car facing forward like earlier AMCs were stamped. The A
and 2 are on the axle tube just immediately right of the pumpkin where it is
flared and meets the pumpkin. And facing the rear of car.

My mechanic told me if I just find a rear end, regardless of gear, he could
drop it in, and would disconnect the front so it would be 2WD only. Any
advise is appreciated, and well, feel free to comment, if you want to cope
reply directly to me at eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx that's fine, or
just post here, the more the merrier. Would also like to hear from anyone
who might be parting out a Eagle. I have been told that only Eagle rear ends
fit Eagles, for some reason thought I could shove a old Spirit/Eagle/concord
rar under it but guess not.
Eddie Stakes
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your email settings: