[BaadAssGremlins] Re: pink amxs & promos (was Current And Future Modelin

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: pink amxs & promos (was Current And Future Modeling Projects)

Correct on the every city with Playboy Club had a AMX for Andrea to drive. No 'official' records exist on how many painted pink,

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_Nascar/amc%20ads/playboyamxpink.jpg

just like no official records exist on how many were Remington Giveaway Cars;

http://greenspaceman.com/EBAY2/ADVERTISMENTS/AUTO/69amx_remingtonshaver.jpg

I could really go on here though! There are a whole SLEW of "AMC promotional" cars out there (Gremlins included like my Continental Airlines car)

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/gremcontinental.GIF

(note paint code of 4080)

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/amc_gremlin_in_the_haunting.htm

but a lot of promos may/may not have had the 00 paint code, which was used for a wide array of things from SC/Ramblers to vinyl top delete. But it WAS used for "something" special. There is a 70 AMX on ebay right now,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-AMX_W0QQitemZ320205697830QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320205697830

of which has a 00 paint code:

http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/d1/68/5708_1.JPG

of which I am getting a LOT of emails and calls asking what it means. Look closely, it appears the car was a Shadow Mask car they didn't want the engine bay blacked out.

A photo is enclosed here of my 71 Matador 2 door with 14,000 miles I was selling for something like 10 years befroe taking $2650 for it the third time on fee-bay with no reserve. The 00 paint code? Vinyl top delete; the A7 is Limelight Green a unusual 1971 only color.

Scott's pink AMX is a original one however, and great to see that someone took such lengths to save a car that was sitting under a tree covered in shit for 20 or so years! Bravo. No, better not say Bravo then some of ya'll thing wrong of me talking about Bravo tv cabel channel and pink in same sentence!

I mentioned this before I think, btu there is a obscure file on my site that talks about AMC's relationship with Playboy...called Mission AMX

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/mission_amx.htm

Imagine the exposure and relationship in 2008 if AMC still in business and gave some of the girls on the popular Girls Next Door Playboy show a AMX! Eh, Paige watches that show, I watch Sportscenter you know.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx