Re: [BaadAssGremlins] ebay hornet & amx

You see a lot of that on ebay, some simply copy and paste stuff to their
auction not knowing what all it is, or they even have.

Ironically someone recently posted this on my site's classifieds:

WANTED: 1976 AMC Hornet, 4d, sedan, preferably tan interior.  Rick
rsarhelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   12/20/2007  08:33:16 PM

though the ebay car is not a 76, what the heck.

There is a interesting thread on Fran's forum about that 74 AMX currently on
ebay that the seller says is Pearl, and was originally painted blue top and
red butt end. This is the thread, note my comments under 'nemesis' as I
emailed the seller.

Strange they simply looks like they copied a whole mess of stuff off Rosa's
site about all 1974 AMXs, so in the auction it has all options, accessories
and what not, like tilt, but car don't have tilt, and 90% of the things the
factory options list shows. I am still awaiting the seller to email me the
door trim tag paint code, which might shed some light on what this car
may/may not be. Again, read the thread on the forum, as I have had 4-6
people ask me what the heck this car is and if owner/seller is full of
refried beans.

http://amccars.net/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1198466064

So back to the little Hornet for sale above, not uncommon for people who
know zilch about the AMC they are trying to sell to simply copy and paste
stuff into their auction. Not that it helps, especially off site's where
most shit wrong like wikipedia, or that allpar thing most of the stuff there
copied off amxfiles, javelinamx.com and even my site! Yow!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx