another. Then I found another 73 White and Purple for $400 and it was
in pretty good shape.  I worked on the problem spots on the car and
had it about ready to get painted and then my now ex husband decided
to run it into a pole and totaled it out.  I was sick for weeks!  By
the way, he always hated the Gremlins!  It didn't take long to find
another one.  It was in good shape.  I got Blue1 for $100.  Then a
few months later I found another one for $100- Blue2!  So we drove 2
grems around for a couple years.  Then Blue1 conked out and I found
#5 which was in really bad shape body wise but ran like a charm.  At
one point I had a bad carb. in Blue2 and my friend put a carb kit in
it and the damn thing caught fire a day later and my Blue2 sat
burning up!  Again I was sick.  Back in those days I had 3 small sons
and no money so I pretty much had to give up on ever getting
my "Dream" Gremlin done. Blue1 I had bought #5 for the engine was
another nightmare...My brother in law was suppose to transfer the
engine from one to the other and he never got it done.  After sitting
in my driveway for a year with no engine I had to junk them both.
The city was on my butt bad for the cars being "non running".  I had
no choice.  So it's been about 14 yrs since I've had the chance to
get another Grem and I did!   I lived out in Phoenix from July 06-
July 07.  While I was back visiting in October I had found a Grem on
Craigslist.  I had my boyfriend Scott take my up to see it.  I was
floored!  This is a 1979 one family owned Grem that has NO RUST!  It
was like a dream.  I couldn't believe I had found another Grem and in
this great of condition.  I had been looking on ebay and everywhere
else and was finding what people were wanting for the Grems in way
worse conditions to be outrageous priced.
I got a steal on this one!  The people had taken really good care of
the car.  They hated to sell it but they had a ton of car projects
going on and he said he just had to part with it.  I found my
treasure!  This time around I will have my "looker".  My plans are to
paint it from the tan it is to a bright emerald type green metallic
with black striping.  It is gonna be sharp!  I can honestly say I
haven't even seen a Gremlin in my parts for years now. Scott is
bringing my Gremmie home to me in January when he moves out here.  I
can't wait!  That's my Gremlin story!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: