Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Luggage Rack Clips

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Luggage Rack Clips

Yup those look like the ones that hold on the strips to the roof rack on my Sportabout.
I had a hard time removing them without breaking them. That is why I tried it first on my parts car. I got the hang of it, so I thought it would be ok for the guy who painted my car to do it.    Wrong.     He put it back together ok except the front one. I couldnt find any replacement ones , so that is why mine is glued on there.
It is hard to keep the tab on the body from being ripped off with the retainer on the trim.
I'll try to get some from the site you found. Thanks                             Luke

BLDFW <bldfw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Folks,

I'm back on my '72 Gremlin project and am adding a
luggage rack. The thin chrome center strips from the
parts car were clipped on with plunger type clip
similar to the one at this link:

http://northlandfasteners.biz/Store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=2452

Has anyone replaced these clips? If so, are these the
right ones??

Any insight you can provide would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Bill
Dallas, TX
'72 Gremlin (gutted and still ready for paint)
'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon
'71 Mark III
'70 Cadillac Convertible

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now. __._,_.___