Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 73 Gremlin X Project

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 73 Gremlin X Project

In a message dated 10/15/2007 2:47:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, kiel.lampe@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Hello all, I'm a new member here. I've got a 73 Gremlin X with a mostly
solid body....using panels from parts cars. I'm going to leave the
outside ugly for now and build up a solid drivetrain. Here's what I've
got: a used 360 to rebuild, 904 transmission already built with shift
kit. I'd like some economy suggestions on what to do to the 360
(carbs, intake, headers, cam, anything you have tried and been happy
with.) Also, I'm thinking a Ford 9" rear end to handle everything. Does
that sound good? Any ideas here would be great. I'm going to build it
this winter.

Thanks.
If your planning on just cruising it to car shows and not racing it,then a Edelbrock performer intake and a 600 cfm carb.I take it you want a lil bit of a lopey idle to get attention so a good hydraulic cam from Reed,Comp,Crane or Crower with an adv. duration 280 and 480 lift would be great.As for gears ,a set of 3.50 gears would be perfect for the occasional trip down the drag strip and still be mild enough for the street  as well.do get a high torque starter because the factory ford types are just garbage especially if you plan on using headers.And for the trans a 2500 stall convertor would be perfct.
Bart
74 Gremlin 360/904