[BaadAssGremlins] Re:BEAUTIFUL 72 X in Georgia!!

[BaadAssGremlins] Re:BEAUTIFUL 72 X in Georgia!!

Thanks for the welcome.  I'm up in Dahlonega, about 70 miles due
north of Atlanta.  I'm not a Peachstate member but I should probably
look into it.  I'm already in 3 clubs, Prez of one - Gold City
Classics in Dahlonega - and they keep me pretty busy.  I missed the
regional because my club had a show that day.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina333@...>
wrote:

> Duane,
> Welcome to BAG! Your ride is AWESOME! Where in GA do you reside?
I'm

/
> e64d>
> > in North Georgia
> >

> > This is our "baby".  We are second owners, bought her in 1976.
She
> started
> > life as a 304, 3 speed car with no A/C in Miami. She could take
all
> the boys
> > in their TransAms and Z28s from stoplight to stoplight. Not much
> top-end,
> > though, with that 3 speed.
> >

> > I started a restoration in 1984, got transferred and had to put
her
> on a
> > trailer and haul her to the new place. That happened four more
> times.  I'd
> > start to work on her and get transferred.  When we got to
Dahlonega
> in 2001
> > we wanted to stay so we decided to have someone else do the
heavy
> work and
> > break the curse.  It worked!  She rolled out to her first show
> in '04.
> >

> > She's had a complete, "frame off" restoration.  The 304 is
> bored .30 over,
> > has flat-top pistons, a mild cam, roller-tipped rockers, and a
> Mighty Demon
> > 4bbl.  That's backed up by a 5 speed and a Ford 9-inch.  Goes
like
> stink!
> > And she'll "hop a Coke bottle".  No kidding, I showed my butt a
> little bit
> > at the Mopar Meet last year and the folks in the stands said I
got
> air under
> > the front wheels.
> >

> > She gets kind of lonely because we don't see other Gremlins
> around.  We hit
> > the cruises and shows around North Georgia and she's always
alone.
> The only
> > time she's been on the field with other Gremlins was at the AMO
> nationals
> > when it was here in Atlanta a couple of years back.  So she
travels
> around
> > with our '69 Mach 1 and my buddy's General Lee.
> >

> > I'm glad I found this group.  Anybody know how to soften the
ride a
> little.
> > Those torque arms in the back make it feel like the axle is
welded
> to the
> > frame!
> >

> > Duane