[BaadAssGremlins] Re:BEAUTIFUL 72 X in Georgia!!

[BaadAssGremlins] Re:BEAUTIFUL 72 X in Georgia!!

Duane,
Welcome to BAG! Your ride is AWESOME! Where in GA do you reside? I'm
not too far away - located in Montgomery, AL. My baby (under
lumina333 folder) is not too far from cranking up. I will get newer
photos in there soon. Also check out the AMO SE Regional folder for
photos of the show that took place in Atlanta last weekend. Were you
there? I know your car wasn't; I would have remembered it. Are you a
Peach State AMO member?
~Lu~
1974+76 AMC Gremlin
360/727A/Ford 9"

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Duane Hattaway"
<duanehattaway@...> wrote:

> Joe,
>

> Thanks for the kind words and thanks for telling me about the
group.  I've
> posted some pics in an album 72

e64d>
> in North Georgia
>

> This is our "baby".  We are second owners, bought her in 1976. She
started
> life as a 304, 3 speed car with no A/C in Miami. She could take all
the boys
> in their TransAms and Z28s from stoplight to stoplight. Not much
top-end,
> though, with that 3 speed.
>

> I started a restoration in 1984, got transferred and had to put her
on a
> trailer and haul her to the new place. That happened four more
times.  I'd
> start to work on her and get transferred.  When we got to Dahlonega
in 2001
> we wanted to stay so we decided to have someone else do the heavy
work and
> break the curse.  It worked!  She rolled out to her first show
in '04.

> She's had a complete, "frame off" restoration.  The 304 is
bored .30 over,
> has flat-top pistons, a mild cam, roller-tipped rockers, and a
Mighty Demon
> 4bbl.  That's backed up by a 5 speed and a Ford 9-inch.  Goes like
stink!
> And she'll "hop a Coke bottle".  No kidding, I showed my butt a
little bit
> at the Mopar Meet last year and the folks in the stands said I got
air under
> the front wheels.
>

> She gets kind of lonely because we don't see other Gremlins
around.  We hit
> the cruises and shows around North Georgia and she's always alone.
The only
> time she's been on the field with other Gremlins was at the AMO
nationals
> when it was here in Atlanta a couple of years back.  So she travels
around
> with our '69 Mach 1 and my buddy's General Lee.
>

> I'm glad I found this group.  Anybody know how to soften the ride a
little.
> Those torque arms in the back make it feel like the axle is welded
to the
> frame!
>

> Duane

<*> Your email settings: