Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Another Hornet

Luke,
 Congrats on the find. A the 70 360 would be better served in a 70 car. you could use a 72 up 360 though with a 727 tranny. The 9" from the bronco would be the best strongest rear to use.
 Davis

Luke Wardwell <horneteer2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there, I just thought I'd let the group know I purchased another Hornet last week.
I found it in a junkyard for $70.
It is a '74 232 4dr with only 70something miles on it.
Quite rusty around the edges, but the floor is solid. The ant colony living in the rocker panel was not very happy when I peeled over the carpet to look at the floor.
The engine turns over by hand and was last in the road in 1998.
I hope to get it to run. I might sell  (give?) some parts to Brad.
I need to figure a way to get it home. I put Volare rims and tires on it, but they did not fit very well.
It is blue with blue interior.
   Oh yeah at  the same junkyard I found some old Fords I could possibly take the rear ends out of to swap. I was wondering what the best bet would be.
I saw 2 '67 Mustang 5 lug rears(8 inch?) A Maverick 8" rear  and a 9' in a '68 Bronco.
Also would a 360 from a 1970 Wagoneer be a good engine to swap into my Hornet??
Thanks for any help                                Luke