Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Engine Transmission Adapter Question???

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Engine Transmission Adapter Question???

Bob,

You're correct on the V8's, but the I6 bellhousing was different up through
71.  In 72 when AMC changed to the Chrysler transmissions they also changed
the I6 bellhousing to be the same as the V8.  I had to look this up as I
didn't trust my memory on this one.

http://www.gremlinx.com/AMC-Transmissions.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_and_Jeep_transmissions

Todd

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 06:03, Robert wrote:
> Steve, I don't know if I'm following this correctly, but they are the
> same for inline 6 and V8 AMC engines no matter what tranny came with it
> from I think 1967 and newer. Depending on the tranny, it might have had
> spacer plates but otherwise the bolt patterns are all the same. Bob in
> MN.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: