Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:34 PM
Subject: Have a amc engine question and need help.

Hey Eddie,

My name is Cary Avey, I used to live in Houston and was memeber of the AMC club there for a couple of years. I have recenlty started working on a 69 javeling to restore to ride in. I recenlty purchased a 73 360 out of a Jeep wagoneer that had a th400 behind it. It has the adapter plate for the tranny as well as verything else. I have elected to to use the tranny and purchased a 727 to go behind it. I have begun taking the motor apart and when I looked at the back of the crankshaft, I noticed something different about it. On the part that the flex plate bolts up to seems to be longer than normal. Almost a little over an inch. My question is this. Was this normal to have that much space behind on the back side of the crankshaft or do I nee to replace it with a different one for a car? I have some pics of it that I can send when I get home from work. Thanks for the help.

Cary Avey
70 AMX
69 Javelin
77 Pacer DL

Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection. __._,_.___