[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Manual Steering (was: Got my new 73 Gremmie home l

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Manual Steering (was: Got my new 73 Gremmie home last night...anyone make 1/4 patch panels?)

That sounds right!! BUT...with the power in my 72...i guess i kinda
got spoiled?? It does not return very well when you turn a corner.
Might be the totally trashed strut rod bushings? Thanks,Joe--- In
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Todd Tomason <jayscore@...> wrote:

> That's not unusual for the time, especially on a small car.  I
remember
> several relatives talking about how dangerous power steering was.
They said
> it was way too easy to over-steer.  Of course these were people who
learned
> to drive on the farm in the 40's or 50's driving a tractor or an
old grain
> truck.  AT and AC were for convenience and comfort.  Manual
steering was for
> safety.  This attitude seemed to die out by the late 70's as people
got used
> to power steering.
>
> Todd
>
> On Tuesday 24 July 2007 11:57, jgray_55 wrote:
> >It is a weird combo of options. 232,AT,A/C factory...MANUAL
steering??
> >Why would you get an auto trans and AIR...with manual steering?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)