[BaadAssGremlins] Manual Steering (was: Got my new 73 Gremmie home last

[BaadAssGremlins] Manual Steering (was: Got my new 73 Gremmie home last night...anyone make 1/4 patch panels?)

That's not unusual for the time, especially on a small car.  I remember
several relatives talking about how dangerous power steering was.  They said
it was way too easy to over-steer.  Of course these were people who learned
to drive on the farm in the 40's or 50's driving a tractor or an old grain
truck.  AT and AC were for convenience and comfort.  Manual steering was for
safety.  This attitude seemed to die out by the late 70's as people got used
to power steering.

Todd

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 11:57, jgray_55 wrote:
>It is a weird combo of options. 232,AT,A/C factory...MANUAL steering??
>Why would you get an auto trans and AIR...with manual steering?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)