[BaadAssGremlins] Last Month's Post on Fuel Pump Problems

[BaadAssGremlins] Last Month's Post on Fuel Pump Problems

Last month there was a thread called Fuel Pump Problems.  A post from
Bob in Minnesota caught my eye, as he suggested putting the metal fuel
line in a plastic wire loom stuffed with insulation.  I had a problem
with my car not wanting to start after it had run for awhile, then been
shut off for about 15 minutes or so but still warm.  When cold, the car
started great. I had done a tune-up with Pertronix, new distributor,
plugs, wires etc last fall but the situation didn't improve.  I thought
it might be a carb problem so I upgraded to the Edelbrock Performer
intake and 4 barrel carb but still same problem.

I had installed an electric fan last summer and have been very happy
with it.  The engine stays at the right temp under most driving
conditions, however, I noticed that the engine bay seems to be hotter
than with the full time engine driven fan.  So after reading Bob's post
I thought that might be my problem, especially since the metal fuel
line is so close to the block.  I added the wire loom, and have had no
problems since then.  Car starts right up, even when warm.  Thanks Bob
and everyone on the list to help with solutions that you wouldn't find
in the shop manual.  Think I should change back to the 2 barrel carb?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)